* Image overlaysShow images on top of, or behind the generated map layer with adjustable transparency of images and the generated map. Images can be shown in the 2D and 3D views.
Images can be imported in the existing way (standard image files such as jpg, png etc, calibrated within ReefMaster), or imported from Google Earth KML overlays.
Import of Google Earth KML overlaysImage overlays described in Google Earth KML and KMZ files can now be imported directly. Images imported via KML overlays are split into a large number of small “tiles”, so that large images (tens of thousands of pixels x) can be displayed at maximum resolution without excessive memory requirements.
Google Earth KML overlay support allows sidescan mosaic images generated by SonarTRX (or similar software) to be imported and shown over 2D and 3D views of the generated maps.
The example below shows the 3D view of a map project, overlaid with an imported sidescan mosai. Map transparency has been adjusted to show both depth colours and sidescan imagery.
* Grab and move 3D models3D models can now be moved using the “hand” mouse tool, so that any area of the map can be moved to the centre of the zoom.
* Negative depth supportNegative depths can occur after tide adjusting tracks recorded in shallow areas. Support has been added for negative contour values, up to a maximum of 20m.
* CSV Track and Map ExportSupport has been added for export of tracks and map contours in CSV (comma separated value) format. CSV is a simple format that can easily be imported into a wide range of further applications.
* Native Lowrance™ SL2 file import, with support for Lowrance™ Elite 7 sonar log filesLowrance SL2 files can now be imported directly by ReefMaster, which eliminates some problems whereby the Lowrance™ slg2txt application was unable to import SL2 files created by some units.
A separate fix has been added to rectify an issue with Lowrance™ Elite 7 sonar log files, which transpose latitude and longitude values within the SL2 file.
* Fine grained minor contour levelsFor maps with depth ranges under 10m (30 ft), minor contours can now be shown at 10cm (3”) intervals.
* 2 Activations per licenceWe've updated the terms of the ReefMaster licence (see below) to allow two activations per paid licence key.
* New End User Licence Agreement (EULA)The EULA for ReefMaster has been updated. Changes include modifications to reflect the move of ReefMaster Software to the UK (from Australia), and also the increase to 2 allowed activations of each paid licence key. This means that ReefMaster can now be installed on two separate PC’s simultaneously.
Please review the new EULA here.
- Huge improvement in track and user map loading
- Contour colours ordered correctly in LCM export.
- Fixed crash on export of empty map path in HB format.
- Numerous other minor fixes.